Roasted Apple & Caramelized Onion Flatbread
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and quartered
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Flatbread or pizza dough of choice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1 ounce arugula
- 1 ounce frisée lettuce
- Juice from half of a lemon
- 2 ounces duck prosciutto, thinly sliced
- Saba to finish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, toss apple with salt, pepper, sugar and enough olive oil to coat. Spread apple pieces evenly on a lined sheet pan and bake for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden in color. Set aside to cool and increase oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- In a medium pan over low heat, mix onion, olive oil, salt and pepper, and sauté until onions appear caramelized.
- Place dough on a pizza stone or sheet pan. Brush dough lightly with olive oil, sprinkle with thyme and top with apples, caramelized onions and feta cheese. Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until desired crispness.
- In a small bowl, combine the arugula, frisée, lemon juice, salt, pepper and just enough olive oil to coat lightly. Garnish the warm flatbread with arugula mixture and thinly sliced duck prosciutto. If desired, finish with a drizzle of Saba.