Realtors may not list them in the official room count, but in sunny climes like Orange County, backyards, decks and patios add functional living space to homes large and small. Fashion-forward locals take their outdoor spaces seriously, investing in them the same energy they devote to the inner sanctum. Bring color, texture, casual comfort or cool sophistication to your outdoors with this array of elegant and eye-popping winners.
Fashion Island,® 949.759.0017, jonathanadler.com
(1) Create your soulful cityscape by mixing patterns, hues, shapes and sizes of our Relief Collection vases.
(2) Add a mod-squad statement piece to your outdoor décor with the giant Orange Okura Planter, made of hand-thrown stoneware.
(3) The Grenade Zipper, Grenade Jacks and Grenade Bricks vases feature interlocking forms finished in a matte metallic glaze to create a powerful design statement.
(4) Thick and absorbent, chic and classic, Greek Key Beach Towels combine bold patterns with saturated summer hues for an outdoor vibe that won’t be overlooked.
Tommy Bahama Home
Fashion Island, 949.612.3368, TBFurnitureNewport.com
(1) Form meets function with the Del Mar Curved Sectional and Octagonal Cocktail Table. The contemporary industrial design features sleek architectural lines and a fusion of rugged materials.
(2) This handsome Tiered Console provides dual black-satin, high-density laminate surfaces for barware, display or storage. Shelves appear to float beneath the platinum-hued aluminum frame while the elegant cross stretcher design connects at the base.
(3) Five recline positions on the Ocean Club Pacifica Chaise partner with the 26-by-18-inch kidney pillow to add lower back or head support to this
(4) The architectural cast-aluminum frame of the Del Mar Sofa shelters the upholstered cushioning with its unique support of the woven seating cradle. The spare, Rectangular Cocktail Table surface appears to float beneath its platinum gray frame while the cross stretcher connects the legs
at their base.
Corona del Mar, 949.640.5800, rogersgardens.com
(1) Set the stage for an outdoor celebration with this weatherproof synthetic wicker table and chairs.
A summer scarf becomes a table covering in this alfresco scene. Block print throw blankets are handcrafted by artisans in India, and Italian-designed acrylic glassware and pitchers make perfect stand-ins for crystal on board yachts or at a poolside party. White branch ceramic vases contrast with bursts of floral color, while soft candlelight flickers from within these metal lanterns.
(2) Without being matchy-matchy, melamine dinnerware complements the bohemian theme at this outdoor gathering.
(3) Mixed pattern dinnerware adds interest and character to your outdoor tablescape. Colored glassware enhances the eclectic alfresco décor.
Fashion Island,® 949.729.6600, bloomingdales.com
(1) Bold, artsy and colorful, this freeform chair from Mexa is crafted with PVC cord to bring a modern swing to indoor or outdoor settings.
(2) Display a favorite collection or summer fruits in this polished yet rustic acacia wood bowl by Juliska. Warm weathered striping and a convenient handled silhouette add touchable texture.
(3) John Robshaw was thinking outside the rectangle when he designed this perfectly round exotica-meets-whimsy beach towel. The intriguing print, inspired by embroidery, is finished with pompom trim just for fun.
(4) Why reserve karma for yoga class? Bring entrancement home with the Vagabond Magic Mandala Beach Towel. With a striking and intricate design and a spectrum of vibrant colors, this plush towel will have you daydreaming
in no time.
(5) Fun, fluffy pompom embellishments or a metallic silver finish? The choice is yours on these Olli Ella collapsible woven sea grass baskets that tote to the shore or store towels out back.
(6) Transport guests to the islands at your next outdoor event with this tropical-themed, mix-and-
match melamine dinnerware set from Odeme.
(7) This versatile and soothing collection of Vaya Beach Towels by John Robshaw works equally well poolside, on the sand or even draped over the back of a comfy lounge chair.
(8) W&P Design adds a touch of the tropics to any occasion and any décor with pineapple-inspired barware.