Fill up the grill and sink your teeth into these crowd-pleasing kabobs from Coliseum Pool & Grill. Short on time? Drop by and enjoy seasonal selections while admiring the iconic pool and views of the Pacific.
- 1 lb escolar, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 zucchini, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 3 mixed bell peppers, cut into
- 2 yellow squash, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ½ cucumber, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Combine honey, lemon juice, salt, paprika and fresh herbs in a large bowl for a marinade, reserving ½ cup for basting. Add vegetables and escolar and toss to coat. Marinate for 15 minutes while you preheat the grill and make the yogurt sauce.
- Add cucumber, lemon zest, salt, pepper and garlic to food processor and pulse until combined. Cucumber should still be chunky. Add dill and yogurt, pulse until well combined and set aside.
- Assemble skewers alternating the marinated ingredients. Place on a well-oiled grill for 20 minutes, then flip and brush with remaining marinade. Grill for 2 more minutes and remove from heat.
- Drizzle yogurt sauce over the skewers and serve.
More recipes to come! Please check back often to get the full menu from Coliseum Pool & Grill.